The division is under the guidance of the Recreation Superintendent, who is responsible for all matters pertaining to the administrative and professional duties involved in planning, developing and directing recreation programs and facilities for the Pullman community.
The recreation division is responsible for:
- Adult programs, e.g. art, dance, fitness, karate, outdoor recreation
- Adult sports, e.g. basketball, softball, golf, tennis, volleyball
- Aquatics, e.g. lifeguard training, swim lessons, special programs, water fitness
- Fitness facilities, operation of the fitness room at the Pullman Aquatic & Fitness Center
- Pools, staffing for the cities seasonal outdoor pool
- Preschool activities, e.g. Pullman Park & Recreation Preschool, summer camps, special holiday programs, etc.
- Teen activities, e.g. rafting, drama, trips, and other activities of interest to teens
- Senior and active adult activities e.g. computer classes, art, day trips, overnight trips, along with the day-to-day running of the Pullman Senior Center
- Youth Activities, e.g. art, dance, theater, personal safety, and other general youth programs
- Youth Sports Activities, e.g. basketball, flag football, golf, rookie league, soccer, wrestling, mini-hoops, pee wee soccer, summer sports camps, t-ball, tennis, volleyball
- Working with city and civic groups on city celebrations such as the Summer Concerts in the Park, Egg Hunt, Halloween Carnival, 4th of July and Lentil Festival.